There's a line in song that seems appropriate.
"God is Great. But sometimes life ain't good."
How true this is.
I have a wondeful friend- who will remain nameless- who really isn't feeling good. I've known her for 2 years, and watched her go downhill. Whenever I see her there's this look in her eyes that goes straight to my heart. And I come home every week with a heart so heavy, and my mind full of "why her?". She's the type who won't say she's hurting unless you ask her. And won't ask for help, because she seems to be afraid to inconvenience anyone. This frustrates me because I want to help- I want to support- I want to love. But can't. Because there seems to be a wall. My spiritual gifts are mercy and service. And my love language is encourager and service.
So maybe you can see why my heart is so heavy right now.
What else is the body of Christ for but to be a blessing?
Perhaps I'm just frusterated.
Now don't get me wrong, I love the woman dearly. Very dearly. But it makes my heart ache to watch her suffer in silence.
Thanks for letting me vent.
~Kate
Planes and Automobiles
12 years ago
1 comment:
Kate! How are you??? Yes, i remeber you :) Mmm, thank you for writing... this resonates with my heart as well. Let me know how you're doing. Peace.
Post a Comment